[lustre-discuss] Changelogs and jobstats with multitenancy and multiple cluster mounts

Sebastien Buisson sbuisson at ddn.com
Wed Nov 24 07:22:39 PST 2021

Hi,

Lustre Changelogs are properly generated when a client is accessing Lustre via a subdirectory mount. And the changelogs can also be retrieved as expected. What is not possible today is to configure the changelogs mask on a per-directory basis. This setting is global to each MDT. So what you can do is, for each directory that you use as a subdirectory mount, assign it to a different MDT, and define the desired changelogs mask on each MDT.

As for jobstats, one possibility is to make your batch schedulers on your different clusters insert something specific in their SLURM_JOB_ID environment variable, in addition to the job ID itself. Alternately, you can make use of Lustre's jobid_name parameter to build a JobID that fits your needs. See the Lustre manual for a comprehensive list of accepted format codes:
https://doc.lustre.org/lustre_manual.xhtml#jobstats

Cheers,
Sebastien.