[lustre-discuss] missing option mgsnode

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Fri Jul 22 07:37:42 PDT 2022

You could look at what the device believes it's formatted with by

 > tunefs.lustre --dryrun /dev/mapper/mpathd

When I do that here, I get something like

checking for existing Lustre data: found

    Read previous values:
Target:     idril-OST000e
Index:      14
Lustre FS:  idril
Mount type: zfs
Flags:      0x2
               (OST )
Persistent mount opts:
Parameters: mgsnode=10.20.6.64 at o2ib4:10.20.6.69 at o2ib4

Tells you about 'mount type' and 'mgsnode'.

Regards
Thomas

On 20/07/2022 19.48, Paul Edmon via lustre-discuss wrote:
> We have a filesystem that we have running Lustre 2.10.4 in HA mode using IML.  One of our OST's had
> some disk failures and after reconstruction of the RAID set it won't remount but gives:
>
> [root at holylfs02oss06 ~]# mount -t lustre /dev/mapper/mpathd /mnt/holylfs2-OST001f
> Failed to initialize ZFS library: 256
> mount.lustre: missing option mgsnode=<nid>
>
> The weird thing is that we didn't build this with ZFS, the devices are all ldiskfs.  We suspect some
> of the data is corrupt on the disk but we were wondering if anyone had seen this error before and if
> there was a solution.
>
> -Paul Edmon-

Thomas Roth
Department: Informationstechnologie
Location: SB3 2.291

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1, 64291 Darmstadt, Germany, www.gsi.de

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Dr. Ulrich Breuer, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
State Secretary / Staatssekretär Dr. Volkmar Dietz