[lustre-discuss] llapi_layout_file_comp_del

John Bauer bauerj at iodoctors.com
Tue Jul 26 13:35:50 PDT 2022

Hi all,

I would like to use the llapi_layout_file_comp_del() function.  I have
found 2 prototypes in different places.  One has the 3rd argument,
uint32_t flags, and the other doesn't.  I suspect the High Level Design
document is incorrect.  The one line of documentation in lustreapi.h
indicates I could delete multiple components with one call.  How does
one do that? What are the applicable flags?

 From version 2.12.8 lustreapi.h

/**
* Delete component(s) by the specified component id or flags.
*/
int  llapi_layout_file_comp_del(const  char  *path,uint32_t  id,uint32_t  flags);

 From https://wiki.lustre.org/PFL2_High_Level_Design

A new interface llapi_layout_file_comp_del(3) to delete component(s) by
the specified component id (accepting LCME_ID_* wildcards also) from an
existing file:

int llapi_layout_file_comp_del(const char *path, uint32_t id);

John