[lustre-discuss] llapi_layout_file_comp_del

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Wed Jul 27 14:25:31 PDT 2022

The HLD document was written before the feature was implemented, and is outdated.  The lustreapi.h and llapi_layout_file_comp_del.3 man page are correct.  Feel free to update the wiki to use the correct argument list.

I believe that it is possible to delete multiple components that match the <flags> argument (e.g. LCME_FL_NEG|LCME_FL_INIT), but I haven't tested that.

On Jul 26, 2022, at 14:35, John Bauer <bauerj at iodoctors.com<mailto:bauerj at iodoctors.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to use the llapi_layout_file_comp_del() function.  I have found 2 prototypes in different places.  One has the 3rd argument, uint32_t flags, and the other doesn't.  I suspect the High Level Design document is incorrect.  The one line of documentation in lustreapi.h indicates I could delete multiple components with one call.  How does one do that? What are the applicable flags?

>From version 2.12.8 lustreapi.h

/**
* Delete component(s) by the specified component id or flags.
*/
int  llapi_layout_file_comp_del(const  char  *path, uint32_t  id, uint32_t  flags);

>From https://wiki.lustre.org/PFL2_High_Level_Design

A new interface llapi_layout_file_comp_del(3) to delete component(s) by the specified component id (accepting LCME_ID_* wildcards also) from an existing file:

int llapi_layout_file_comp_del(const char *path, uint32_t id);

John

Lustre Principal Architect
Whamcloud