[lustre-discuss] llapi_layout_alloc

John Bauer bauerj at iodoctors.com
Mon Jun 6 14:06:09 PDT 2022

Is there any reason that a call to *llapi_layout_alloc()* would result
in the following error messge?

*/nobackupp17/jbauer2/dd.out has no stripe info*

In the code snippet below, I get the first print "on entry", followed by
the above error message, but I don't get the print after the call to
llapi_layout_alloc().

I'm using pointers to functions from dlopen()/dlsym() as this is in a
library that has to run on non-Lustre systems.  I'm quite confident that
it is pointing to llapi_layout_alloc.

fprintf(stderr,"%s() on entry\n",__func__);
    struct llapi_layout *layout = (*llapi_layout_alloc_fcn)();
fprintf(stderr,"%s() %p=llapi_layout_alloc()\n",__func__,layout);
    if( layout == NULL ) return -1 ;