[lustre-discuss] Error messages (ex: not available for connect from 0 at lo) on server boot with Lustre 2.15.3 and 2.15.4-RC1

Audet, Martin Martin.Audet at cnrc-nrc.gc.ca
Mon Dec 4 11:26:13 PST 2023

Hello Andrea,

Thanks for your response. Happy to learn that the "errors" I was reporting aren't really errors.

I now understand that the 3 messages about LDISKFS were only normal messages resulting from mounting the file systems (I was fooled by vim showing this message in red, like important error messages, but this is simply a false positive result of its syntax highlight rules probably triggered by the "errors=" string which is only a mount option...).

Now what is the messages about "deleting orphaned objects" ? Is it normal also ? We boot the clients VMs always after the server is ready and we shutdown clients cleanly well before the vlmf Lustre server is (also cleanly) shutdown. It is a sign of corruption ? How come this happen if shutdowns are clean ?

Thanks (and sorry for the beginners questions),

Martin