[lustre-discuss] Access times for file (file heat)

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Sat Feb 18 12:57:23 PST 2023

Anna, there was a client-side file heat mechanism added a few years ago, but I don't know if it is fully functional today.

lctl get_param llite.*.*heat*
llite.myth-ffff979380fc1800.file_heat=1
llite.myth-ffff979380fc1800.heat_decay_percentage=80
llite.myth-ffff979380fc1800.heat_period_second=60

And then "lfs heat_get <file>" to dump the file heat,  it there haven't been any good tools developed yet to list top heat files.

Cheers, Andreas