[lustre-discuss] Access times for file (file heat)

Anna Fuchs anna.fuchs at uni-hamburg.de
Wed Feb 22 13:16:10 PST 2023

Thank you.

Is there any documentation for the values?
Client-side means only statistics for the file remaining in the client
cache? Not lifetime statistics?
Are there any plans to work further on this feature?

I think of several use cases when knowing these stats.
Cold data could be moved to archive like slow tape without relying on
access time.
Hot blocks could be replicated or moved to faster caches and lot more
optimizations.

Best regards
Anna

anna.fuchs at informatik.uni-hamburg.de