[lustre-discuss] Regarding Lustre with RDMA

Nick dan nickdan2999 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:12:40 PST 2023

Hi

We have configured the Lustre filesystem and mounted the same on the
client. This is being done using IP as highlighted below
[image: image.png]
Part 2:
Now for the next part, we don't want to use this command: (mount -t lustre
11.11.1.211 at tcp:/lustre /mnt/lustre) as the connection is through IP.
We want to mount a particular block device as a lustre file system. For
example, in the image below we have created 2 partitions on the server of
10G each and we are sharing ost partition to the client as a block device.
[image: image.png]
when we are sharing the block device. This is our client and we have got
10G of /mnt/ost.
[image: image.png]
After mounting  using *mount /dev/nvme0n1 /mnt/lustre/ *
The filesystem type is ext4 and not lustre as mentioned below.
[image: image.png]
We want to mount using the lustre filesystem and not ext4.
Is there a need to change the lnet configuration? What else is need to be
done?