[lustre-discuss] BCP for High Availability?

Cameron Harr harr1 at llnl.gov
Thu Jan 19 12:45:24 PST 2023

We (LLNL) were probably that Lab using pacemaker-remote, and we still
are as it generally works and is what we're used to. That said, on an
upcoming system, we may end up trying 2-node HA clusters due to the
vendor's preference. I'm not sure what specifics you're interested in,
but as you mention, the PM-remote option let's one cluster bring or down
the entire file system and can handle fencing and resource management
for everyone. The biggest caveat with this method (learned harshly by
numerous folks) is not to do 'systemctl stop pacemaker' on that central
node unless you really want to take down the entire file system.