[lustre-discuss] files do not get deleted from the Source OSTs after lfs_migrate

wuwj at umich.edu wuwj at umich.edu
Tue Jul 18 11:12:30 PDT 2023

Hi All
We are trying to migrate some data off one OST(ost0067 in [1]),  and we notice even though the lfs_migration status is marked as done for all the files we intend to migrate,
the size of the source OST still remains the same (the files migrated to other OSTs do not get deleted from the source OST).
We use zfs  as the underlying file system for the OST, and we notice some difference between this OST and the others [1].
I wonder if anyone could shed some light on it.
Thanks in advance!

[1]
zfs flags from the "problematic" OST
# zfs get all|grep flags
ost-001/ost0067  lustre:flags          2                      local]

zfs flags from the other OSTs
#zfs get all|grep flag
ost-001/ost0068  lustre:flags          34                     local

Wendy/Wenjing
wuwj at umich.edu