[lustre-discuss] Old Lustre Filesystem migrate to newer servers

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:31:08 PDT 2023

Hi,

I have an existing, old Lustre, don't remember the exact version, but
most most likely 1.6 . The Lustre Servers had crashed and can't be
fixed, HW wise.

The MDT/MGT and OSTs are housed in a backend FC based DAS.

How easy or difficult it is to create a few new servers and adding these
backend storage to the new servers to get back the data ?

I am not saying it is staright forward, but there is no harm in trying.
We can even load the old version of OS and Lustre SW.

All the user is concerned about is the data, which I am sure is still
safe in the backend storage box.

One thing though. The old servers had Infiniband as the LNET, but the
newer ones will use TCP.

Any help and advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Richard.