[lustre-discuss] File system global quota

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Thu Jul 20 07:46:35 PDT 2023

Probably the closest that could be achieved like this would be to set the ldiskfs reserved space on the OSTs like:

  tune2fs -m 10 /dev/sdX

That sets the root reserved space to 10% of the filesystem, and non-root users wouldn't be able to allocate blocks once the filesystem hits 90% full. This doesn't reserve specific blocks, just a percentage of the total capacity, so it should avoid fragmentation from the filesystem getting too full.

Cheers, Andreas