[lustre-discuss] File system global quota

Sebastian Oeste sebastian.oeste at tu-dresden.de
Thu Jul 20 07:07:48 PDT 2023

Hi there,

we operate multiple lustre file systems at our side and wondering if it is possible to have a file system global quota in lustre?
For example, that only 90 percent of the file system can be used. The Idea is to avoid situations where a file system is 99% full.
I was looking through mount options and lfs-quota but there just quota for users, groups or projects.
I there a way to achieve something like that?

Thanks,
sebastian
--
Sebastian Oeste, M.Sc.
Computer Scientist

Technische Universität Dresden
Zentrum für Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen (ZIH)
Tel. +49 (0)351 463-32405
E-Mail: sebastian.oeste at tu-dresden.de