[lustre-discuss] setting quotas from within a container

Lisa Gerhardt lgerhardt at lbl.gov
Sat Oct 21 08:15:19 PDT 2023

Hello,
I'm trying to set user quotas from within a container run as root. I can
successfully do things like "lfs setstripe", but "lfs setquota" fails with

lfs setquota: quotactl failed: Operation not permitted
setquota failed: Operation not permitted

I suspect it might have something to do with how the file system is mounted
in the container. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this or
if someone could point me to some documentation to help me understand what
"setquota" is doing differently from "setstripe" to see where things are
going off the rails.

Thanks,
Lisa