[lustre-discuss] ko2iblnd.conf

Daniel Szkola dszkola at fnal.gov
Thu Apr 11 08:56:39 PDT 2024

Hello all,

I recently discovered some mismatches in our /etc/modprobe.d/ko2iblnd.conf files between our clients and servers.

Is it now recommended to keep the defaults on this module and run without a config file or are there recommended numbers for lustre-2.15.X?

The only thing I’ve seen that provides any guidance is the Lustre wiki and an HP/Cray doc:

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/resources/ebooks/a00113867en_us_v2/Lustre_Server_Recommended_Tuning_Parameters_4.x.html

Anyone have any sage advice on what the ko2iblnd.conf (and possibly ko2iblnd-opa.conf and hfi1.conf as well) on modern systems?

—
Dan Szkola
FNAL