[lustre-discuss] ko2iblnd.conf

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Thu Apr 11 10:36:06 PDT 2024

On Apr 11, 2024, at 09:56, Daniel Szkola via lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org<mailto:lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>> wrote:

Hello all,

I recently discovered some mismatches in our /etc/modprobe.d/ko2iblnd.conf files between our clients and servers.

Is it now recommended to keep the defaults on this module and run without a config file or are there recommended numbers for lustre-2.15.X?

The only thing I’ve seen that provides any guidance is the Lustre wiki and an HP/Cray doc:

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/resources/ebooks/a00113867en_us_v2/Lustre_Server_Recommended_Tuning_Parameters_4.x.html

Anyone have any sage advice on what the ko2iblnd.conf (and possibly ko2iblnd-opa.conf and hfi1.conf as well) on modern systems?

It would be useful to know what specific settings are mismatched.  Definitely some of them need to be consistent between peers, others depend on your system.

Lustre Principal Architect
Whamcloud