[Lustre-devel] Global generic database

Alex Lyashkov Alexey.Lyashkov at Sun.COM
Sun Feb 17 03:27:05 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 00:40 -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> There won't immediately be a /proc replacement for uOSS.  Instead,
> there
> will be a new "lctl {get,set}_param" command that reads/writes the
> same proc entries.  At some later time we will make a .lustre/proc
> directory which will allow access to the files currently in /proc,
> possibly also allowing access to /proc values on all lustre nodes.
> That hasn't been designed yet, but would definitely be convenient.
I think we can put all parameters into sysctl tree and write simple
wraper for userland tools.
Which add functions for register/list/access to sysctl node.

--
Alex Lyashkov <Alexey.lyashkov at sun.com>
Lustre Group, Sun Microsystems