[Lustre-devel] Re-direction inodes

Peter Braam Peter.Braam at Sun.COM
Sun Jun 1 16:59:47 PDT 2008

Hi Nikita -

I have a need in doing an architecture for a customer of a Lustre client
feature to have different data/page caches associated with an inode,
depending on the user that accesses it.    So when a file is read, user A
will read different data from user B (assume the same for writes, but I
think this is a read-only feature).

I remember that in the Coda file system we could easily re-direct I/O to
another inode using almost standard features in the VFS/page caches.  Is
this still the case?  Would this work for the purpose I describe above?

Thanks.

Peter