[lustre-devel] testing lustre

Благодаренко Артём artem.blagodarenko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:42:39 PST 2018

Hello NeilBrown,

Symbol “:” is added to name for targets which have never been registered. tunefs and mount use this symbol to
set LDD_F_VIRGIN flag in ldd.

Here is code from lustre/utils/mkfs_lustre.c (executed in tunefs)

 /* svname of the form lustre:OST1234 means never registered */
        ret = strlen(ldd->ldd_svname);
        if (ldd->ldd_svname[ret - 8] == ':') {
                ldd->ldd_svname[ret - 8] = '-';
                ldd->ldd_flags |= LDD_F_VIRGIN;

And

lustre/utils/mount_lustre.c

/* svname of the form lustre:OST1234 means never registered */
        rc = strlen(ldd->ldd_svname);
        if (strcmp(ldd->ldd_svname, "MGS") != 0) {
                if (rc < 8) {
                        fprintf(stderr, "%s: invalid name '%s'\n",
                                progname, ldd->ldd_svname);
                        return EINVAL;
                } else if (ldd->ldd_svname[rc - 8] == ':') {
                        ldd->ldd_svname[rc - 8] = '-';
                        ldd->ldd_flags |= LDD_F_VIRGIN;

So I believe the test expects freshly created target.

Best regards,
Artem Blagodarenko.