[Lustre-discuss] LBUG on client: Found existing inode ...?in?lock

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Thu Aug 21 07:59:19 PDT 2008

I agree that hiding bugs is quite bad.

<rant>
I'm going to be an open source curmudgeon for a minute and say that if
Sun/CFS wants to track customer-specific, sensitive data bugs, they need
to have a separate system and pay someone to make sure that all internal
bugs are santized and put into the open source project bug tracker.

Sun/CFS gets a huge mindshare and market acceptance benefit from the
open source project. Hiding bugs WILL kill that mindshare and
acceptance benefit. If Lustre isn't a full first class public open
source project, all the new and really innovative work will get done
on competing open source filesystems.

</rant>

Now back to real work ;)