[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Patchless Client

Ender Güler enderguler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 06:42:37 PDT 2008

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the information you gave. But it did not help.

I followed the below steps for installation:
1) I did not install any kernel. The kernel is from rhel 5.1
2) I installed lustre-client-modules and lustre-client rpms.

But the error messages are the same when i tried to mount the filesystem:

mount.lustre: mount klhi1.uybhm.itu.edu.tr at o2ib0:/klfs at /klfs failed: No
such device
Are the lustre modules loaded?
Check /etc/modprobe.conf and /proc/filesystems
Note 'alias lustre llite' should be removed from modprobe.conf

And also when modprobing the lnet module the error message is same again:
FATAL: Module lnet not found.

Thanks anyway. I might have missed something. But i don't know what the
thing is. I decided to install patched kernel and lustre packages. After
installation client could mounted the file system.

Thanks and Regards,

Ender GULER