[Lustre-discuss] lustre init scripts?

Aaron Knister aaron at iges.org
Fri Feb 22 16:38:00 PST 2008

When I shutdown a server running with the o2ib lnd, lnet hangs
indefinitely and the system does not shut down. Here's the error I get -

LustreError: 131-3: Received notification of device removal
Please shutdown LNET to allow this to proceed

It appears as though when the lustre file system is unmounted, the
lnet portion is still loaded. This is understandable, however my nodes
hang when they go down for a reboot or shutdown because the infiniband
kernel modules can't be unloaded because the ko2iblnd module is still
in use. What have people done about this? Is there a way to make lnet
unload when the last lustre filesystem unmounts? Do people have in-
house init scripts written? I have a modified version of the lustrefs
script from 1.4 that runs a "lustre_rmmod" whihc solves my problem
however I'm curious to know what others have done.

Aaron Knister
Associate Systems Analyst
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies

(301) 595-7000
aaron at iges.org