[Lustre-discuss] mpi-io support

Tom.Wang Tom.Wang at Sun.COM
Fri Jan 11 18:14:45 PST 2008

Jim Williams wrote:
> When running an earlier version of lustre (1.4.6) we had partial mpi-io support.
>   Since upgrading to 1.4.11, that seems to have disappeared.  The version that
> we're running is a local compile & 1.4.6 was provided by Sun when we deployed
> the machine.  After searching the list archives I see references to the adio
> driver in the contrib tree & I suspect that the person who built the version
> that we're running didn't include it.  Is that the only missing component or do
> I need to do anything else to get mpi-io to work?  Thanks in advance.

I am not sure what kind of mpi-io support you want. Actualy, without
lustre adio driver you can still built and install mpi-io, ufs adio driver
will be used in this case. We are working on lustre adio driver, you can
track
this on bug 12521. The new version lustre adio driver should be available
in 1 or 2 month. If you want try original lustre adio driver, it should
be in
lustre/lustre/contrib   on 1.4.11 and 1.6.3.

Thanks
WangDi