[Lustre-discuss] Off-topic: largest existing Lustre file system?

Canon, Richard Shane canonrs at ornl.gov
Mon Jan 14 13:48:32 PST 2008

Klaus,

Here are some that I know are pretty large.

* RedStorm - I think it has two roughly 50 GB/s file systems.  The
capacity may not be quite as large though.  I think they used FC drives.
It was DDN 8500 although that may have changed.
* CEA - I think they have a file system approaching 100 GB/s.  I think
it is DDN 9550.  Not sure about the capacities.
* TACC has a large Thumper based system.  Not sure of the specs.
* ORNL - We have a 44 GB/s file system with around 800 TB of total
capacity.  That is DDN 9550.  We also have two new file system (20 GB/s
and 10 GB/s currently LSI XBB2 and DDN 9550 respectively).  Those have
around 800 TB each (after RAID6).
* We are planning a 200 GB/s, around 10 PB file system now.

--Shane