[Lustre-discuss] mpi-io support

Tom.Wang Tom.Wang at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 16 08:15:44 PST 2008

Cédric Lambert wrote:
> Hi WangDi,
>
> 12521 is a private bugzilla. Could it be possible to access it ?

Oh, this adio driver is developed by Oak Ridge National lib and SUN
together.
> Generally speaking, do you know performance problem with ufs adio driver with small I/Os from multiple clients and if it is the case should it be enhanced with lustre adio driver ?

Yes, most of the filesystem does not like this kind of small I/Os from
mulitple clients.
UFS driver will not reorganize these data from multiple clients, if it
is not interleave.
Lustre ADIO driver will reorganize these small piece of  data no matter
whether it
is interleaved. And also it will reorganize the data according where the
data is located,(which ost)
instead of split the data evenly when redistributing the data to each
clients.

Thanks
WangDi

> Do some bugzilla exist about this problem ?

Hmm, It seems other bug could not resolve this effectively if the small
I/O from multi-clients,
except ADIO driver. Because only adio driver could regroup these data
from different client
currently, and also might write it by data-sieving to avoid small I/O.

Thanks
WangDi