[Lustre-discuss] [Fwd: Is IBRIX supported under Solaris 10]

Brennan James.E.Brennan at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 6 10:38:25 PST 2008

Hi Terri,

A year and half ago we tried to implement Ibrix on FLX-380s and
x4200's and do qualification on the fly at the customer site. Due to
a series of inopportune issues things did not go well. Last year we
did some qualification of Ibrix on Thumpers, but it was done using
Linux. For details talk to Art Licht. The software is *very
expensive*, but I don't know if they have a special pricing model for
Thumpers.
If you look at the current efforts the CFS is going through to port
Lustre to Solaris+ZFS, I am not sure that Ibrix would be
interested in porting to Solaris given that they are a small
organization.

If the customer is interested in a clustered filesystem and Solaris
why don't  you propose Lustre? The complete port to Solaris
(OSS+MDS) is supposed to be completed by the end of the calendar year
and pricing model is much more palatable.

Jim