[Lustre-discuss] How to remove OST from device list

Sellers, Jason Jason.Sellers at Level3.com
Wed Mar 26 14:09:01 PDT 2008

How can you remove an OST completely?  When you deactivate it, it shows as inactive.  I have moved all files from this OST to other OSTs with:

lfs getstripe --obd content-OST0004_UUID --quiet --recursive /content | while read F; do
      cp $F $F.tmp && mv $F.tmp $F
done

I want to get rid of this OST0004 completely, so I can add a new OST with the same index of 4 later on.  How can I get rid of content-OST0004?

Thanks!

Jason Sellers