[Lustre-discuss] basic dump question for Lustre MDT

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore.com
Tue Apr 21 01:38:51 PDT 2009

Megan,

I have not used dump to do this before but I would have thought that you would then need to "resize" the filesystem after restoring to the larger disk. I have had limited success when doing that with ext3 in the past. There was a recent email on this list suggesting that the latest "rsync" versions can successfully copy over the EAs from one ldiskfs formatted disk to another. I would personally favor this approach. I believe the manual covers how to format an MDS disk manually using mkfs.

Daire