[Lustre-discuss] Lustre with failover configuration

Atul Vidwansa Atul.Vidwansa at Sun.COM
Tue Jul 28 18:39:10 PDT 2009

More comments inline..

Tharindu Rukshan Bamunuarachchi wrote:
> hi Atul,
>
> few points ...
>
> 1. we have migrated to SuSE11 from Solaris due to various techno/political
> reasons.
> 2. I will keep OSS1/MDS2 & OSS2/MDS1 etc. as you have instructed.
>
> One last thing ...
>
> so,  I can configure lustre in a way that ...
> when either node_A or node_B is down (e.g. power failure) , clients can
> still access file system without data lost :-)

Yes you can, Lustre clients will see brief hang till failover is done
and will resume their operations (assuming that storage need not undergo
fsck).

Cheers,
-Atul