[Lustre-discuss] debian/ubuntu .deb packaging

Ramiro Alba Queipo raq at cttc.upc.edu
Mon Jun 1 09:25:41 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 09:21 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a patch for our current development tree that adds the
> required /debian directory in order to be able to package up a patchless
> client from a source checkout/tarball release of Lustre.
>
> Before it can get added to our source tree it needs inspecting from a
> couple of people knowledgeable in doing .deb packaging however.
>
> So I am hoping that a couple of the people responsible for the packaging
> of the existing .debs for Ubuntu/Debian wouldn't mind inspecting my
> patch.  Or anyone else who feels they are proficient enough in .deb
> packaging to offer approval or constructive criticism of my patches is
> welcome.  You will need an account in our bugzilla in order to transact
> the inspection and approval and/or criticism.

I would be glad to contribute though I am not a Debian developer, but I
am very interested as I recently had to make Debian packages for
lustre-1.8.0 as no packages from Debian are available yet.
I started from existing Debian sources for lustre-1.6.7-2 and I adapted
then as my knowledge allowed me, and then I made a local Ubuntu
repository.
We have a 128 client cluster using Infiniband that intends to use Lustre
as the central storage with 2 OSSs and a DDN 9900 unit. Not in
production yet, so I can make tests freely and play with it.
It seems to work but I would be glad to share what I did I learn from
others work

Regards

> Anyone interested?
>
> Cheers,
> b.

Ramiro Alba

Centre Tecnològic de Tranferència de Calor
http://www.cttc.upc.edu

Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeries
Industrial i Aeronàutica de Terrassa
Colom 11, E-08222, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Tel: (+34) 93 739 86 46

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,