[Lustre-discuss] Two file servers question.

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Tue Aug 10 12:19:35 PDT 2010

We just got our lustre system online, and as we continue to play with
it, I need some help supporting my argument that we should have two
file servers. One nfs server to host up user's home directories and
then the lustre file server to host up space for their jobs to run. My
manager's concern is confusing users, which I think for anyone using a
cluster isn't completely valid, but any information towards technical
details supporting a two file server solution would be helpful.

Thanks
David

--
Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities,
we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college!