[Lustre-discuss] Version mismatch of Lustre client and server

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 09:57:23 PDT 2010

> > My lustre server is currently running 1.8.1.1 on RHEL 5.3 and I am
> planning on deploying 1.8.2 on SLES 11.  Also, I am trying to stay as close
> as possible to 1.8.1.1
>
> Why, if I might ask?

To introduce the least amount of changes in this environment.  The only
reason I have updating the kernel for these new servers is since we have
been unable to solve the non lustre specific NFS timeouts on the compute
nodes which seems to be related to some bugs in rpc that might be fixed with
the new release.

You don't see any issues with me jumping directly to 1.8.4?  I just though
it would make sense to jump to 1.8.2 so that there are not too many changes
introduced in my environment which has been stable so far with the exception
of this nfs stuff.

Thanks,
-Simran