[Lustre-discuss] Same Directory but different files on different clients

Andrea Pieretti a.pieretti at caspur.it
Tue Aug 17 04:07:17 PDT 2010

Hi,
we have the following problem.
In a cluster of 300 nodes ca. having a shared space via lustre 1.8.1.1,
we noticed  the following weird fact!

On one client (let's call it Fred)  a directory showed several files (we
issued an lfs getstripe on them, an md5sum a du -sh etc. etc.)
On  several other clients (let's call them Barneys) the directory was empty.
We created a new file on this directory on Fred but none of the Barneys
showed it.
We then  created a new file in this directory from one of the Barneys
and on Fred everything disappeared.
It's seems a synchronism problem but the REAL problem  is: Why instead
showing the files of Fred on all the nodes, the Barneys won the match
deleting the data?
Nothing has been reported on the log files of the MDS and of the OSTs

Best regards

Andrea

--

+  Andrea Pieretti
+  e-mail: a.pieretti at caspur.it
+  http://www.caspur.it
+
+          "Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
+
+             Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore