[Lustre-discuss] Optimize parallel compilation on lustre

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Fri Jul 9 21:21:18 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-28, at 10:04, Maxence Dunnewind wrote:
> I then tried with your patch, not much difference :
>
> 4 min 43 againt 4 min 51 without it (-j 8)
> 7min 40 against 7 min 42 with -j 8
> So it changes almost nothing :)

I just realized that in the patch I sent you, it defaults to "no change in behaviour" unless FOR_TESTING_ONLY is defined at compile time.  I didn't want someone using the patch and then complaining that their filesystem didn't work afterward.

I've attached an updated patch that has "#define FOR_TESTING_ONLY", and hopefully this one will make more of a difference in performance.

Lustre Technical Lead
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.