[Lustre-discuss] Problems with fstab entry on sles11

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon May 3 07:43:49 PDT 2010

>Perhaps other SLES users here can post ideas on how they handle this
>situation.  I guess for those using heartbeat, this is a non-issue as
>heartbeat handles the mounting and heartbeat is started after
>networking.

So, as a SLES user, let me offer my $0.02.

_netdev still works in the sense that it prevents the mount command from
mounting those filesystems at the normal time.  But there's nothing that
comes around and mounts those after the network is up (which drove me
nuts for a while, because the documentation hasn't changed).

As far as I can tell, your only option is to create a (presumably simple)
script that goes and mounts your Lustre filesystem after the network is
up.  Our script is more complicated because it has to wait until the
Infiniband network is up and the storage is available.

--Ken