[Lustre-discuss] Future of lustre 1.8.3+

Bernd Schubert bs_lists at aakef.fastmail.fm
Thu May 27 03:51:56 PDT 2010

On Wednesday 26 May 2010, Guy Coates wrote:

> >> The binary SLES packages are fine; it is the source packages that may be
> >> problematic, depending on your config. There is a bug filed against this
> >
> > Sorry Guy. May be there is something I am missing, but SLES11 rpm kernel
> > server packages for lustre-1.8.3 are created using a config with
> > ONFIG_SECURITY_FILE_CAPABILITIES=y (See yourself on the attachement
>
> You are entirely correct.

To be clear here, this is a CLIENT side issue. So whatever you do set on the
server side is irrelevant. Oracle cannot set kernel options for clients, as
those are upstream kernels and lustre is compiled patchless against it.

Applying  this Lustre patch from bugzilla#15587 should solve the issue without
the need to recompile the kernel:

https://bugzilla.lustre.org/attachment.cgi?id=29116

Cheers,
Bernd