[Lustre-discuss] How do you monitor your lustre?

Mark Nelson mark at msi.umn.edu
Thu Sep 30 14:04:45 PDT 2010

Hi,

I use collectl with a tool I've been writing called msica for charting
torque/pbs/moab/collectl data.  The charts are all defined in XML with
plugins for supplying data, charting the data, applying functions to the
data, changing how the data is displayed, etc. Eventually I want to make
it into an interactive data exploration tool, but right now it's all
command-line driven.

It's open source, but I haven't got it into a 1.0 release state yet
(maybe in the next couple of weeks).  If you are interested in looking,
the current trunk code is available at: http://code.google.com/p/msica

Here's some sample output I took while doing sweeping IOR runs across
our OSTs (test repeated 5 times):

http://www.msi.umn.edu/~mark/msica/2GB-block_64MB_directIO_posix_nocache.png

And some parsing of moab logs to monitor job statistics on one of our
smaller clusters:

http://www.msi.umn.edu/~mark/msica/mirror_20090928-20100927.png

Mark

--