[Lustre-discuss] multipathd or sun rdac driver?

Kevin Van Maren kevin.van.maren at oracle.com
Wed Jul 20 14:15:42 PDT 2011

David Noriega wrote:
> We already use multipathd in our install already, but this was
> something I wondered about. We use Sun disk arrays and they mention
> the use of their RDAC driver to multipathing on Linux. Since its from
> the vendor, one would think it be better. What does the collective
> think?
>
> Sun StorageTek RDAC Multipath Failover Driver for Linux
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19373-01/820-4738-13/chapsing.html
>
> David

I assume you are using the ST25xx or ST6xxx storage with Lustre?
Exactly which arrays?

I've been happy with RDAC, but I don't think Oracle has released RHEL6
support yet
(but Oracle also does not support Lustre servers on RHEL6 yet).

If your multupath config is working (ie, you've tested it by
unplugging/replugging cables
under load and were happy with the behavior), I'm not going to tell you
to change.

Kevin