[Lustre-discuss] Does the Whamcloud's lustre 1.8.6 rc1 support sles?

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Sat Jun 11 07:01:30 PDT 2011

Sorry, I was in transit yesterday when this was posted or I would have
replied sooner. You should note for the 1.8.6-wc release that Whamcloud
is only supporting RHEL\CentOS5 servers and clients and RHEL6 clients -
we are not routinely building and testing SLES. We have done some
exploratory work on extending to include SLES and may add this in future
1.8.x releases. SLES11 clients are already supported for the upcoming
2.1 community release. In the meantime, SLES users can still use the
equivalent Oracle 1.8.6 release (though someone from Oracle would need
to comment on the availability of this).

On 11-06-11 4:21 AM, Larry wrote:
> ok, I'll report it soon, thanks
>
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Andreas Dilger<adilger at whamcloud.com>  wrote:
>> On 2011-06-10, at 9:42 AM, Larry wrote:
>>> I build lustre 1.8.6 rc1 on sles 10 sp2, kernel
>>> 2.6.16.60-0.69.1_x86_64-smp today,  and get a lot of errors in
>>> applying ldiskfs' kernel patches. Now I'm trying to update these
>>> kernel patches one by one. So does this version support sles 10 sp2?
>> The specific version of each supported kernel is in lustre/ChangeLog.
>> It reports "2.6.16.60-0.42.8 (SLES 10)" as the supported SLES kernel,
>> so it shouldn't be very different than the one you have, but one never
>> knows what SLES is up to (they bumped SLES 11 from 2.6.27 to 2.6.32 for SP1).
>>
>> If you need to make any serious patch changes, you should file a bugzilla
>> and/or Jira bug with the updates using a clear topic like "Updated ldiskfs
>> patches for SLES 10 2.6.16.60-0.69.1" so that others don't need to do this
>> work again.
>>
>> Cheers, Andreas
>> --
>> Andreas Dilger