[Lustre-discuss] Renaming an existing lustre filesystem

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 16:25:48 PST 2011

Actually one correction to my earlier post you need to use --reformat option
with tunefs.lustre like this:

tunefs.lustre --reformat --fsname=<fsname> --writeconf
/dev/<block_device_name>

This is safe and no data will be lost, --reformat is just to force the
fsname change

BTW the rename procedure is in the manual but hidden under the "Restoring
the File System From a Snapshot" chapter

Cheers

Wojciech

Email: wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Tel: (+)44 1223 763517