[Lustre-discuss] LNET over multiple NICs

Alexander Oltu Alexander.Oltu at uni.no
Wed Dec 19 14:03:24 PST 2012

> I have no experience in doing multirail on ethernet, sorry. The
> principle is exactly the same as for Infiniband, but as Infiniband
> interfaces cannot be bonded (except for IPoIB which is not of
> interest when considering performance), I cannot tell.

Looks like --network option is not helping. I have tried to unmount osts
and run  for half of OSTs:

tunefs.lustre --network=tcp0

and for another half:

tunefs.lustre --network=tcp1

Mounted OSTs back. The client still sends all traffic through tcp0. I
have suspicion that --network option is to separate from different
network types, like tcp, o2ib, etc.

Probably I will go bonding way.

Thank you for your help,
Alex.