[Lustre-discuss] Lustre missing physical volume

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Sun Jul 1 22:42:55 PDT 2012

Sorry for the rushed email. For some reason the LVM metadata got
screwed up, managed to restore it, though now running into another
issue. I've mounted the OSTs yet it seems they are not all
cooperating. One of the OSTs will stay listed as Resource Unavailable
and this seems to be the main message on the OSS node:

LustreError: 137-5: UUID 'lustre-OST0002_UUID' is not available  for
connect (no target)
LustreError: Skipped 470 previous similar messages
LustreError: 5214:0:(ldlm_lib.c:1914:target_send_reply_msg()) @@@
processing error (-19)  req at ffff8103ffc73400 x1404513746630678/t0
o8-><?>@<?>:0/0 lens 368/0 e 0 to 0 dl 1341207057 ref 1 fl
Interpret:/0/0 rc -19/0
LustreError: 5214:0:(ldlm_lib.c:1914:target_send_reply_msg()) Skipped
470 previous similar messages

I've tried remounting this ost on the other data node but still won't
connect from the client side. I've even rebooted the mds and still no
go. I've run e2fsck to check the OSTs and no issues and the disk
arrays report no problems on their end and fibre connections are good
and the multipath driver doesnt report anything(These are Sun disk
arrays so using the rdac driver instead of the basic multpath daemon).

On the client side I'll see this:
Lustre: 3289:0:(client.c:1476:ptlrpc_expire_one_request()) @@@ Request
x1404591888147958 sent from lustre-OST0002-osc-ffff8104104ad800 to NID
192.168.5.101 at tcp 0s ago has failed due to network error (30s prior to
deadline).
  req at ffff81015113b400 x1404591888147958/t0
o8->lustre-OST0002_UUID at 192.168.5.101@tcp:28/4 lens 368/584 e 0 to 1
dl 1341187631 ref 1 fl Rpc:N/0/0 rc 0/0

Lustre: 3290:0:(import.c:517:import_select_connection())
lustre-OST0002-osc-ffff8104104ad800: tried all connections, increasing
latency to 22s
Lustre: 3290:0:(import.c:517:import_select_connection()) Skipped 39
previous similar messages