[Lustre-discuss] Lustre newbie

Jason Brooks brookjas at ohsu.edu
Thu Jun 28 11:34:46 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am totally new to lustre.  I have inherited a couple of clusters which have a lustre filesystem mounted on each node via infiniband.

one cluster has 56 nodes on it, the other has about 18.

There are 6 lustre servers, five of which are ost's and the sixth is the ost.

I have a problem: namely that the lustre filesystem is not mounting at times, or mysteriously unmounts itself.  If I try to mount it, at times I will get an error, but I can't recall what it is.  I think the latency values have something to do with it, but in truth, I am kind of at a loss where to start.

I have luster 1.8 installed.  I have the pdf manual by sun, but what it really doesn't seem to illustrate well is how to step into a running system.  Do any of you have any recommended reading I do?

Thanks!

--jason