[Lustre-discuss] /proc/fs/lustre on OSS empty?

Frank Riley fhr at rincon.com
Fri May 18 14:21:09 PDT 2012

I was doing some testing on a new lustre file system and decided to start fresh to do more testing. I unmounted the file system everywhere (clients, then OSS, then MDS), reformatted all of the disks, then remounted. Now, /proc/fs/lustre on my OSS is completely empty. I can't change the tuning parameters if they're not there! How do I get it back? Note that /proc/fs/lustre is normal on both the MDS and the clients.