[lustre-discuss] EXT SENDER- Mounting Lustre over IB-to-Ethernet gateway

Stolarek, Marcin marcin.stolarek at delphi.com
Mon Aug 1 04:58:30 PDT 2016

Personally I’d suggest setting up lnet router between tcp and lustre network instead of using mellanox ib 2 ethernet gateway. It may be even easier if you have ethernet on lustre oss/mds servers but you haven’t configured  lnet for tcp?

As far as I know this gateway works as arp proxy, which can lead you to really interesting and uncommon scenarios. This will increase the time needed to find the solution when incident happens ☺

Cheers,
Marcin