[lustre-discuss] T3PIO library usage

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Thu Jun 2 14:51:42 PDT 2016

On 2016/06/02, 02:27, "Prakrati.Agrawal at shell.com" <Prakrati.Agrawal at shell.com> wrote:

> I am having a HDF5 code which writes multiple files of different
> sizes to the Lustre file system. Since I can set the Lustre stripe
> count and size only once before I run the code, it remains the same
> for all the file sizes.

Correct.  In the future this will be handled by the "Progressive
File Layout" feature to allow setting different stripe counts for
different file sizes:
http://lustre.ornl.gov/ecosystem/documents/tech/Mohr-UTK-PFL.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rm6Nlmqdp0

> I am using T3PIO library in conjunction with HDF5 to change lustre
> stripe settings through the code for each file that I write.
> But after running the code, I am still finding all the files with
> the same lustre stripe settings.
> Please can someone help.

Could you please provide additional information on how you are
setting the stripe settings?

Lustre Principal Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division