[lustre-discuss] Designing a new Lustre system

John Bent johnbent at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 16:44:25 PST 2017

Last I looked at Isilon, it serializes parallel writes to a single file.
Ultimately, the data is striped across multiple data servers but it all
channels through a single data server.  If you only have file-per-process
workloads, and you have a lot of money, then Isilon is considered a solid
enterprise solution.