[lustre-discuss] lnetctl & /etc/sysconfig/lnet.conf Usage

Di Natale, Giuseppe dinatale2 at llnl.gov
Thu May 18 17:25:07 PDT 2017

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the response! From my understanding, /etc/sysconfig is intended to contain files which are sourceable by shell scripts. Below is a link to a blog post that does a good job explaining.

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/on-etc-sysinit.html

To me, /etc/ is the catch all for other system level configuration that isn't part of some daemon. But, I could be wrong on that and would welcome other opinions. I am by no means an expert myself.

Giuseppe