[lustre-discuss] How to guide

Geoff Ferris geoff at pdclouds.com.au
Fri Jan 4 14:10:39 PST 2019

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are seeking to build a SAN with no single point of failure to only host VM guest. We are big fans of ZFS and will use ZFS to replicate snapshots to Sun ZFS storage appliance in another datacentre as a backup solution.

We are currently using HP P2000G3 with D2700 shelves and need to add more storage and don’t wish to invest any further in this SAN. We use redundant Brocade FC switching plus redundant Nexus 10G switching.

We can use bare metal for MDS servers if required, just seeking faster way to setup POC.

Cheers

 Geoff